A little while ago I talked about a complete new version of the FV Community News plugin. This version will take advantage of the custom post type that WordPress supports. Today an alpha preview is available for you to see what direction the plugin is going into. Keep in mind that this version is not for use on a live website, since it can and probably will contain bugs!
A quick overview of what this preview will bring:
- Taking advantage of the custom post type.
- Thumbnails! Yes, they’re back.
- Easy to use form modification.
- Integrated search support. Searching anything on your blog will also lookup the community news.
- New short codes. ([fvcn-post-form], [fvcn-recent-posts])
- And more to come!
Since the way posts are stored is changed completely, any community news you currently have in your database will be lost. Don’t worry though, a tool to convert them will be available with the official release.
Keep in mind that this is an Alpha Preview, thus this version is not meant to be used on any live blog. It is just to demonstrate you what the direction we’re going with it. This version might and probably will contain bugs!
If you find any bugs, please report them in this topic. If you have a suggestion to improve some details from this version, please also post them in this thread. If you have some large ideas, please post them in the feature request forum.
- Deactivate and remove any old version(s) of this plugin.
- Upload the new version and activate it.
- Use the widgets, or one of the short codes.
FV Community News 3.0 Alpha Preview 1
A newer alpha version is available: FV Community News 3.0 Alpha 2.