After one week of release, I already have a new version of my Community News plugin. This version has some improvements, new features, and some bug fixes:
- The submission moderation panel is improved and some bugs are fixed.
- The option that users must be logged in is added.
- The form is already filled in in parts for users who are logged in
- The captcha could be removed for users who are already logged in.
- The captcha image can now easily refreshed, using AJAX
- A nonce field is added to fight spam.
- I added an RSS 2.0 feed for the submissions.
- AJAX is now used to submit the form.
On to version 1.2
There are already some suggestions for version 1.2:
- Allow people to upload photo’s.
- The ability to edit submissions.
- Tags to add Community News in a post or page.
These will be implemented as soon as possible 🙂
Have any other suggestions? Please leave a comment and I will take a look at it.