Many blogs out there can only produce a couple articles a week while their visitors ask for loads more. It’s sometimes a good idea to add related articles from other blogs to your sidebar. Adding them manually takes lots of time we don’t have. With this new Community News plugin you allow your visitors to add articles to the sidebar. Complete with moderation panel and a settings page, you can sit back while you have full control about the look and articles that being posted.
Currently, the Community News plugin has the following features:
- Widget Ready (Different form/results widget)
- Tags for use in posts/pages
- AJAX Form Handling
- Multi-Language Support
- Moderation panel (with email option) – Make sure you approve the right articles.
- Edit Submissions
- “My Community News” Page – Allow registered users to view their submitted articles.
- Customizable templates
- Akismet Spam protection (API key required)
- Build-in RSS 2.0 Feed
- Settings Page
- Uninstallation – Not the right plugin for you? You can easily remove it completely.
How To Install & Use
In order to successfully use this plugin, you will need the following:
- PHP 5 or higher (PHP 7 recommended)
- WordPress 4.8 or higher
- Download the files
- Upload the files to
- Activate the plugin (WP-admin > Plugins > FV Community News)
- Browse Community News > Settings to select the settings you prefer.
- Go to Design > Widgets to add the Community News widgets to your sidebar.
If you want the Community News to be shown on a WordPress page or post, you can use the build-in shortcodes for that. Put any of the following shortcodes in a page or post to show corresponding item:
Form to add news
List of Posts
Every blog out there has different requests and needs. With version 2.0 and up, the plugin supports custom templates so it can meet all of those needs. Creating your own custom templates is simple, and more information on this can be found on the Custom Templates page, dedicated to this topic.
If you find any bug in the latest version of this plugin, I hope you’d be so kind to tell me about it. This will only improve the plugin, which is better for the users! You can do this on the bug reports forum.
If you need any help, or have problems with this plugin, please create a post on the support forums.
AUTHOR: Frank Verhoeven
AUTHOR URL: https://frankverhoeven.me/
CURRENT VERSION: 3.2.1
WORDPRESS VERSION: 4.8+
PHP VERSION: 7.0+
If you are interested in the changes this plugin has had, please check out the changelog on the official WordPress page.
DOWNLOAD: FV Community News
If this plugin is helpful to you, please consider supporting it! You can help it’s development by making a small donation, or promote it by putting a link to this page on your site. Appreciate it!